In this treatment, the aligners have to be changed every 14 days to get the desired alignment in 6 to 10 months time.
Advantages of Invisalign:
- The chief benefit of this method is the simplicity of treatment where the final position of all teeth can be determined beforehand and shown to the patient and get his approval before starting treatment.
- The pace of the treatment can be decided by the patient himself as all the aligners can be given together to him or her.
- It has superior esthetics as it is nearly invisible to another person while undergoing the treatment and gives a perfect smile after successful completion of the treatment.
- Patients are more happy to wear them as they do not have any discomfort associated with it and there is no friction or bruises like in the conventional braces technique.
- These aligners are removable, thus can be worn according to our convenience. It gives best and quick result when worn around 20 hours a day.
- The treatment time is considerably shortened than the conventional braces if instructions are followed correctly.
- Even orthodontic cases where extraction is required can be corrected by this method, but will take more time than usual.
Disadvantages of Invisalign:
The technique is used in many types of orthodontic problems. But, in some difficult cases such as severe crowding and acute lack of space, the transparent aligner could not be designed. Some cases where a tooth or two are located lingually or palatally and are completely blocked out from the arch, may become a contraindication to invisalign therapy.
The aligners have to be removed while eating food, thus becomes less cumbersome to remove and wear three to four times a day while keeping it securely. There are chances of misplacing the aligners due to its removable nature and replacement of an aligner is a costly affair.
The treatment technique is currently costly as compared to the conventional braces due to its dependence on 3D graphic software and high accuracy models.
Invisalign treatment therapy is a newer form of esthetic and fast orthodontic correction, which can be used for people of all ages. They can correct smile without compromising on esthetic or functional disadvantages. Usually 90% to 98% patients have immense satisfaction after this therapy and recommend it to their friends and family.
To know more about the new invisalign technique consult an invisalign specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthodontist/invisalign
Frequently Asked Questions