Q. Is crossed eye problem a curable one?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh
Published on Aug 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My son is 2 years old. He is having crossed eye problem from the birth. Is it curable? If yes, then what is the treatment for this? Also, what is the success rate of the treatment?

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Paediatrics Pediatric Allergy/Asthma Specialist
#

• Your child's squint problem can be treated in a number of ways and often more than one treatment or a combination of treatments may be needed to get the best result for your child's vision.
  • Your child's squint treatment will be depend on the type of squint. Most of the treatment for squint involves regular visits and examinations at the hospital or eye clinic.
  • The most common ways that squint can be treated are glasses, occlusion therapy, eye exercises,  surgery and injections.
  • The outcomes for children with squint are generally very effective if detected and treated early. If it gets detected later than 7-8 years, then it is difficult to correct.
  • I would suggest you to consult a good eye surgeon and follow up with him.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

I have consulted an ophthalmologist and he said it is an estropia squint.

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

#

Welcome. Please consult your ophthalmologist in regular interval for follow up and further management.

For further doubts consults a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

Can my diplopia be a sign of MS?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23 years old female. Can you please explain to me the clinical presentation of decompensated phoria? I have had diplopia for over two years now, binocular, horizontal, worse on distant gaze. I have had an MRI as well, but no lesions found in my brain stem or other areas. Only a f...  Read Full »

After removing the spectacles, the eyes look crossed. How to correct them?

Query: Hello doctor, My 1-1/2 year old daughter is diagnosed with accommodative esotropia (crossed eye) and is recommended to wear glasses. And she has been wearing them for a month now. But, when I remove the glasses, the eyes still look crossed. But, looks fine when she wears the glasses. Is there a s...  Read Full »