Squint Surgery

Will a little cross-eye with normal focus correct on its own?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 10 months old and has a little cross-eyed. Her eyes movements are normal, and so focusing on objects and all behavior seems normal. I was told by our family pediatrician that it is minor and might go away as time passes. Please check the attached photo and let me know y...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed the history and saw the photos. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Squint or crossing of the eyes needs evaluation and treatment. In your daughter's case who is 10 months old, the first thing to be done is differentiating pseudosquint from ...  Read Full »

when the child looks straight, it appears as if looking elsewhere. How to correct this problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know if it is possible to correct the eyes of a child that does not focus properly. The condition is when the child is looking straight, the eyes appear as if it is looking elsewhere.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child has squint eyes. This can be due to multiple causes. 1. Refractive error or glass number. 2. Congenital squint due to neurological issues. 3. Retinal or optic nerve pathology. Kindly get your child evaluated from a pediatric ophthalmologist. Initially,...  Read Full »

How is intermittent exotropia treated?

Query: Hi Doctor, My brother is 16 years old. He has intermittent exotropia from childhood. It goes out frequently. Is there any way to cure it?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Intermittent exotropia is common in young people. One or both eyes go outward on and off commonly when they are inattentive, under stress or illness. But, if they got good fusion, then they keep their eyes straight by focusing on the target and can control exotropia. Int...  Read Full »

Why is my left eye smaller than the right eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19 year old male. My right eye is smaller than my left eye. For this cause I am not able to see clearly with my right eye. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This is not a small eye.  This looks like a condition called convergent squint (inward deviation of the eye). This is making your eye appear small.  There are many ty...  Read Full »

My eye looks smaller after exotropia surgery. Should I worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an exotropia surgery before. It was a strabismus kind of thing. But my eye, the one with the condition, is small and the pupil is like looking down. When I take pictures is very noticeable. I need to flip them to make them look normal. Is it normal that my eye is smaller and is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. From the image you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I can see that your right eye is a bit red. Has your right eye always been a little red? How long back did you get the squint surgery? If you have had surgery long a...  Read Full »

Can divergent eye squint be treated with surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a complete retinal detachment in my left eye from an early age (11 to 12), went to many places including renowned eye care hospitals but nothing worked. Anyways, after a few days my left eye started to go outward and within a short time went completely outward (divergent squint...  Read Full »

Dr. Bhavna

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, as you have mentioned that you have had a total retinal detachment (RD) in your LE during childhood, I would like to emphasize on the fact that RD surgery will not help in improving your vision. The squint you are talking about is an adaptive mechanism of the e...  Read Full »

Can my single squint eye be corrected surgically?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old male. I am having squint in my right eye. It is turned inwards by birth and I have no vision and also cannot see anything in my right eye. My left eye is 100% perfect. I met an eye specialist. He checked my squint and told that my vision is not recoverable. I have no p...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures of your eyes and old records (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is definitely possible to make eyes look straight and correct the squint with eye surgery. It is not a complicated surgery and gives good cosmetic results...  Read Full »

I fear that my ptosis and strabismus cannot be corrected. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I am working in software field. I do have problems of ptosis and strabismus in my left eye since birth. I am not able to see with this eye until I forcefully close my right (dedicated) eye. I got operated for ptosis when I was 11, and it got recovered a lot. But,...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have double elevator palsy. It is also known as monocular elevation deficit with ptosis. You are right in saying that superior rectus and inferior oblique muscles are non-functioning. The only treatment is surgery. We operate squint first, and Knapp surgery is require...  Read Full »

Can I get squint correction at the age of 26?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a squint in my right eye and it has moved outwards. I do not have a proper vision in my right. I cannot see clearly through my right eye; even I recognize thing pretty hard. I want to know whether it can be corrected, so that both my eyes work together. I am confused as I am now 26 ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures of your eyes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is an outward deviation in the right eye. This has lead to poor vision in your eyes. It can be a cause or consequential. You can go for surgery for cosmetic purposes...  Read Full »

Is crossed eye problem a curable one?

Query: Hi doctor,My son is 2 years old. He is having crossed eye problem from the birth. Is it curable? If yes, then what is the treatment for this? Also, what is the success rate of the treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child's squint problem can be treated in a number of ways and often more than one treatment or a combination of treatments may be needed to get the best result for your child's vision. Your child's squint treatment will be depend on the type of squint. Most of the...  Read Full »