Q. Is it necessary to replace my tooth crown after 9 years?

Dr. Neeraj Kumari
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Mar 18, 2020

I am 24 years old. I had my tooth crowned before nine years. I have no problem with it, but a dentist wants me to get a crown replacement. I do not even feel any discomfort. Is it necessary to replace?

#

• Most crowns can last up to 15 years depending on the type of material used for making crown.
  • Sometimes, crown replacement is neccessary when there is excessive wear or fracture in crown or there are complications due to tooth decay.
  • So, if that is the reason why that dentist suggested you crown replacement then it is neccessary.
  • Otherwise, if the crown is fine and it is kept plaque free then no need to replace it.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|