Q. What does CT abdomen and pelvis taken for pain in lower back indicate?

There is a gross dilatation of pelvicalyceal system of right kidney with abrupt narrowing at the pelvi-ureteric junction and ballooning of pelvis. There is thinning of renal parenchyma, the lower segmental branch is seen crossing the PUJ at inferior aspect. Upper polar aberrant renal artery is also seen.

Conclusion: Right PUJ obstruction resulting in severe dilatation of pelvi-calyceal system with lower segmental branch crossing the PUJ. Normal excretion by both kidneys. This is from a report of a CT scan of abdomen and pelvis. Please tell me what I should do. I have severe pain at lower back and around my right kidney.

#

There is narrowing of kidney's outflow tract and urine is getting accumulated in kidney which is damaging and hampering its function (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Only treatment is surgical correction or stent can be placed into narrowed portion if feasible. You should visit urologist for the same as soon as possible in order to prevent loss of kidney function. Avoid NSAIDS pain killers, you can have tablet Ultracet 50 mg whenever needed upto two to three times a day along with some food. Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.

|