HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologycystsI have abdominal pain due to hydrosalpinx. Kindly help.

Which medications would help a person overcome right-sided abdominal pain associated with adnexal cysts?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 25, 2022
Reviewed AtNovember 30, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I suffer from right-sided abdominal pain. The CT scan report suggests a cystic structure in the right adnexal region. The right ovary is enlarged, and I have a right-sided hydrosalpinx. Please suggest some medications.

Answered by Dr. Uzma Arqam


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I have seen your ultrasound report (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). The cystic structure is more than 5 cm in diameter. It will need urgent medical intervention. According to the medical guidelines, the patient needs investigations if the cyst is more than 5 cm. Also, you might have to undergo laparoscopic surgery. Follicular cysts rarely cause cancer. The normal follicular cyst can rupture, and fluid can spill into the pelvis resulting in infection and sepsis. You need to undergo either laparoscopy or laparotomy according to the scenario.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy