Q. What does my vaginal swab culture show?

Published on Nov 24, 2019

I recently did a scan and do not know what it means. Please can you break it down word by word what the scan means so that I can get a better understanding to what it means. I will be looking forward from hearing from you. Thank you.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The scan reports show that there is no fluid or collection inside the uterus (cyesis) (attachment removed to protect patient identity), no adnexal mass that is no cyst be it endometriotic or ovarian or any fibroids (being tumors) from uterus. But, there is collection of fluid in the pouch of douglas which is also called the cup de sac which indicates that there is an infection in the pelvis (PID) which needs a course of antibiotics for treatment.

Secondly, the vaginal swab culture shows infection with streptococcus species and should be treated with sensitive antibiotic like Zinnat. These two can easily cause infertility and tubal blockages as well or salpingitis so treatment is must and then HSG should be done to check for tubal potency.

| 

My vagina is always itchy after a period. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I usually have a slight on and off vaginal itching after my periods, for which I consulted a doctor. She advised me to take two tablets of Candiforce 200 and it stopped. However, these days I still have light vaginal itching on and off. My period date is on the 28th. Kindly help as I a...  Read Full »

Why is there a sharp pain in vagina after urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel a sharp pain in my vagina after urinating.  Read Full »

I have a burning sensation on my waist. Please tell me what could be the cause.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a burning sensation on my waist. Please tell me what could be the cause?  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now