Q. What does my vaginal swab culture show?

I recently did a scan and do not know what it means. Please can you break it down word by word what the scan means so that I can get a better understanding to what it means. I will be looking forward from hearing from you. Thank you.

#

The scan reports show that there is no fluid or collection inside the uterus (cyesis) (attachment removed to protect patient identity), no adnexal mass that is no cyst be it endometriotic or ovarian or any fibroids (being tumors) from uterus. But, there is collection of fluid in the pouch of douglas which is also called the cup de sac which indicates that there is an infection in the pelvis (PID) which needs a course of antibiotics for treatment.

Secondly, the vaginal swab culture shows infection with streptococcus species and should be treated with sensitive antibiotic like Zinnat. These two can easily cause infertility and tubal blockages as well or salpingitis so treatment is must and then HSG should be done to check for tubal potency.

|