Common "Hydrosalpinx" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Hydrosalpinx is a condition of having a blockage in a women's fallopian tube. Old infection in the fallopian tubes, endometriosis, severe adhesions in the pelvis, and appendicitis can lead to hydrosalpinx. It is treated by doing surgery to remove the affected tube.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Can hydrosalpinx occur after tubal disconnection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old. I had a bilateral hydrosalpinx (HSG) mainly due to endometriosis. I do not have any pain symptoms, and I had a bilateral tubal disconnection to maintain the blood supply to the ovaries. After this, I had IVF but failed. I had HSG again, and I do not know if there was...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I find lots of misunderstandings in the history. From the report (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) you have sent, I can say that your uterus is normal and thereby there will be no problems in undergoing IVF (in vitro fertilization). Once the tub...  Read Full »

Can I get pregnant naturally if I have bilateral hydrosalpinx?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and married. I am trying to conceive for the last four months but not achieved. I have done blood, all hormones and sugar test. They all are normal. But in TVS test, they have diagnosed that I have bilateral hydrosalpinx. From that, I am so tense. Could I get pregnant n...  Read Full »

Dr. Sameer Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The ultrasound reports show that you have hydrosalpinx and bilateral endometriotic ovarian cysts (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Hydrosalpinx indicates a chronic pelvic infection which can be treated with two weeks course of antibiotics and endometr...  Read Full »

Can I take an antibiotic for water in the fallopian tube?

Query: Hello doctor,Two days back, I had my laparoscopy. My right tube was found to be dilated and the ports were open. The left one was completely closed and after forceful attempts, it was opened but only a slow progression was there. Now, under the current circumstances, is there any antibiotic for wate...  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to How are you doing? Water in the tube is hydrosalpinx. This is a collection of the fluid secreted from the lining of the tubes. Usually, if one tube is damaged, the other one will also show some damage. The best antibiotic for genital tract infections is capsule Clin...  Read Full »

I am suffering from infertility issues. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been on fertility treatment for a year with no results. One of the doctors suggested that my tubes were fine. The other doctor said that I needed to do a laparoscopy as there was some minor issue in the tube opening on both sides. What to do?Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understand your concern. I suggest you develop a hydrosalpinx with bilateral tubal patency. Please visit a nearby hospital for salpingectomy and salpingotomy. Kindly consult a specialist doctor for further treatment. Hope it helps. Thanks and regards.  Read Full »

I have PCOS and one of my fallopian tubes is blocked and the other one is patent. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,One of my fallopian tubes is blocked and the other one is patent. I have mild PCOS. What to do?Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan R

Answer: Hello, Welcoem to I read your query. You need only one tube to get pregnant. Many times we remove one tube due to tubal pregnancy and then the lady gets pregnant with one tube that is left. Even if the egg on the blocked side ruptures, it will swim across to the opposite open side a...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain due to hydrosalpinx. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from right-sided abdominal pain. The CT scan report suggests a cystic structure in the right adnexal region. The right ovary is enlarged, and I have a right-sided hydrosalpinx. Please suggest some medications.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have seen your ultrasound report (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). The cystic structure is more than 5 cm in diameter. It will need urgent medical intervention. According to the medical guidelines, the patient needs investigations if the cyst ...  Read Full »

I have ovary pain and a hydrosalpinx in the left tube. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old, and have a history of endometriosis. 17 years back I underwent the removal of an ovarian torsion cyst of 10 cm by open surgery. My ovaries were preserved and I had no complaints except some cysts since then. But now when I want to conceive I have complications and fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Simpatwar Sonam Arvind

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your query and understood your concern. Can you help me with a few questions? What is your husband's age? How long are you married? Have you undergone a laparoscopy? Have you received ovulation induction ever? Have your tried IVF (invitro fertili...  Read Full »

I noticed a lump on my pelvis. Is it serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old female and noticed a small lump on the left side of my pelvis nearly two months ago, and assumed that it was an ovary maturing for my menstrual cycle. But today I am concerned about my missing period, which was due five days back. I am currently experiencing cramps ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanap Sneha Umrao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to, I understand your concern, I would like to inform you that internal organs especially ovaries cannot be easily palpable unless there is some pathology (abnormality). Your current problem looks like a cyst or hydrosalpinx. I suggest you not to ignore such things and ...  Read Full »

Can hydrosalpinx be treated without surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with bilateral hydrosalpinx, and the doctor suggested a bilateral salpingectomy as a treatment option. I just wanted to know the treatment option other than the mentioned one. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Nikitha Murthy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Your hysterosalpingogram (HSG) shows dilatation on both sides of the tube with fluid-filled in it. This is called hydrosalpinx. Both the tubes are therefore blocked. I suggest the ...  Read Full »

My HSG report says I have bilateral hydrosalpinx. Will this cause trouble for conceiving?

Query: Hi doctor, My HSG report says bilateral hydrosalpinx noted with a free peritoneal spill on the left side. What does this mean? Can I conceive normally? If yes, then how? I have hypothyroidism, which is under control. I take Eltroxin 100 mcg and 75 mcg on alternate days. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to How are you doing? I have seen your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In HSG (hysterosalpingogram), only the right tube looks dilated showing no spill of dye. But the left tube is tortuous and shows the spill of dye very well. Let me explain, the t...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.