Q. Why is my healthy child having very fine, little hair despite taking a healthy diet and vitamins?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I have a young, little healthy child with no known medical conditions. He has very fine and very little hair, despite taking the vitamins and a healthy diet.

He suffers from IBS so I got him tested for gluten sensitivity (not tested for celiac disease).

#

I have read your concern in detail and I will surely help you out.

There can be multiple reasons for thin hair, genetic is the most common.

Apart from this, infection from dandruff, hypothyroidism, hyperprolactinemia can be other causes.

I would need your child's detailed medical history and, a few tests are to be done to reach a conclusion.

The treatment has to be decided according to the diagnosis we reach at.

As of now, you can use Anaboom (Procapil) shampoo every alternate day for two weeks to improve the strength of the hair.

Kindly let me know the detailed medical history in order to evaluate the further cause.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert back in case of further queries.

|