Q. What causes severe dandruff and white hair in a 24-year-old?

I am 24 years old, suffering from severe dandruff and white hair.

Kindly help.

#

Thank you for your query.

I understand your concern. You have dandruff and premature graying of hairs. Dandruff can range from 0 to 10, from no trace of scaling to massive scaling. In your case, since you have dandruff, it may be the cause of hair fall. Therefore, I suggest you to follow a few instructions mentioned below.

1. Use 2 % Ketoconazole shampoo (antifungal) twice a week. Apply the shampoo on your scalp and leave it for five to ten minutes, then take a bath.
  2. Do not apply any hair oil.
  3. To prevent hair graying, follow specific general measures like using food rich in iron, vitamin B12, and protein like fresh green leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, juices, white meat, seafood, eggs, and dairy products.
  4. Avoid excessive intake of soda, cakes, candies, chocolates, and many more, including refined sugar.
  5. Avoid soap and shampoo loaded with chemicals or of a highly aggressive nature.
  6. Take a tablet of Para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA) 100 mg daily for two to four months.

Kindly consult a specialist, talk to them and take medications with their consent.

I hope this has helped you. Thank you.

|