White Hair

Kindly suggest medicine to turn white hair to black.

Query: Hello doctor, Most of my hair has turned white. I also have a white beard and white hairs in my mustache. Please prescribe best medicines to make all my hair totally black. I do not want to dye them as dye contains peroxide which will cause hair loss. So, please prescribe the best medicine to turn m...  Read Full »

Dr. V Srikanth Reddy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Grey hairs are resistant to any kind of treatment and it might be due to either genetic or micronutrient deficiency. If it is due to micronutrient deficiency it can be controlled with the help of the following medication. Tablet Curlzvit (a combination of Biotin, ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a solution to stop graying of hair at young age.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. I have some white hairs when I saw in the mirror and I feel sad about this. If I plug the white hairs then more white hairs will be produced. Is it true? Please clarify my doubt and suggest a solution. I hate myself because of this.  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, I can understand that you are troubled with premature greying of hair. To rule out other causes, I needed you to answer a few of my queries related to the history of the presentation. Approximately, how many hairs are greyed? Is there any ulcer o...  Read Full »

What can cause one white hair in the eyebrows, and white spots on the neck and face?

Query: I have some white spots on my neck and my face too. I even noticed a white hair in my eyebrows. I have white hair from a long time on my head. I have PCOD problem. Two months before I had a c section delivery. After the delivery these spots have come. Kindly check the pictures attached.  Read Full »

Dr. B. T. Priya

Answer: Hi I went through all pictures and descriptions What you are suffering from is a benign condition called Pityriasis versicolor It's a superficial fungal infection very common in summer months Drink lot of water Keep your self hydrated Use cotton dress Twice take bath Increase in sweating will agg...  Read Full »

Is there any way to reverse greying of hair?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old and having hairfall problem from the past 2 to 3 years and I used Minoxidil for a year but no use and slowly it looks like my male pattern baldness is increasing. The thing is last week I had hair tonsure. I noticed a lot of grey hair has come which makes me concern...  Read Full »

Dr. (prof.) Kumaresan Muthuvel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your hairfall- Does anybody in your family suffer from baldness or premature greying? What is the percentage of Minoxidil you have been using all these days? Did you consult a dermatologist till now? Hair dye never increase the chance of greying. You can use t...  Read Full »

Is Mometasone furoate cream used for acne?

Query: Hello doctor, I am seriously facing acne pimples problem. Sometimes they occur on my face when I masturbate. If I use Mometasone, it gives a good result. Is it okay to continue this?  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Acne is a universal issue in the age group of 15 to 25 years due to hormonal changes in adolescents. However, there are multiple effective treatment options depending on the grade and severity of the problem. Mometasone is a topical steroid and is to be avoided strictl...  Read Full »

What causes white hair at an early age?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 17 years old and getting white hairs. They are white near the scalp and black in the tip. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are only 17 years old, the primary cause behind it might be genetic as your parents or grand parents may have white hairs at an early stage. The other possible causes might include poor nutrition, improper lifestyle, stress, etc. White hairs mean lack of mel...  Read Full »

I have lots of pimple, acne scars, dark circles and increasing white hair. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 22, and I have lots of pimple, acne scars, and dark circles. I am trying to get rid of them since last year. And I have white hair which are increasing. My nails are very week, and my foot nails become dead after some time. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Kindly send images of your lesions to help you better.   Read Full »

What can be the reason for gray hair in children?

Query: Hello doctor, What can be the reason for hair turning white in kids? Is there any solution to this problem? I read on the internet that hair can turn white even when vitamins or iron levels are low. If supplements are taken, can this problem be reduced? What kind of diet would help?  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Graying of hair is not specifically due to a vitamin deficiency. If the rest of the body does not show any signs of a vitamin deficiency, then white hair is usually idiopathic. Many genetic and environmental factors play a role. Check if the water is polluted with sa...  Read Full »

I am getting white hair, and it's been increasing gradually. Is this the effect of water?

Query: Hi, I am getting white hair from last 3 years, and the number has increased in the last 3 months. Is this the effect of water. Kindly suggest the medicine for this problem.  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Water has no effect on graying of hair though hard water can cause dryness of hair. If your parents also had premature graying of hair then yours is hereditary (genetically inherited). You can start tablet PABA 100mg once a day for 2 months. This will prevent further...  Read Full »

I am a 20 year old who already has few strands of white hair. How can I stop this?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old. I have 20 to 25 strands of white hair. Can I stop this? Which oil is best to prevent white hair? Which shampoo do you suggest? What is the right way to use the oil and shampoo?  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. Try these things to control further graying of hair. Add raisins, figs and curry leaves to your diet. Use Mahabhringraj oil for your hair. Take coconut oil and add lemon juice to it and apply it on your scalp. After one hour, wash with a...  Read Full »