Q. I want to get my dark circles removed permanently. Please help.

Dr. Sorna Kumar Lakshmi Kanthan
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 18, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 05, 2021

I have dark spots under my eyes for the past two years. I want to remove them permanently. Is it possible? If yes, then please mention the method of removing it.

#

Please mention whether your mother has dark circles. Please send your picture. A dark circle is different from a dark spot. Dark spots can be a freckle or skin tag or DPN (dermatosis papulosa nigra).

No, my mother does not have any dark circles. I am attaching my photo. It will help you.

#

Dark circles can occur due to hollowness in that area. You can use Melalumin under eye gel or Avarta undereye gel for two months in the night. It takes time to show results. You can try peels. You can also have undereye fillers and it can be the best option. Fillers can be expensive and it lasts for a year. White lesions below the eye can occur due to colloid milium or syringoma. It can be removed with a radiofrequency by a dermatologist.

Does this procedure remove dark spots permanently?

#

Dark circles can be reduced to a great extent and it is not permanent. Milia or syringoma can be removed. But there is a chance for you to have a recurrence. I cannot see clearly whether you have milia or syringoma.

I searched about milia and syringoma online. But I cannot find any symptoms of both diseases.

#

For dark circles, you can use creams for two months. If you are not satisfied, then you can use other procedures like peels, eye cell treatment, and fillers. It is a long-term process.

Kindly suggest some home remedies.

#

Do not try anything by searching online. It can cause irritation and worsens the eyes. It is highly professional and non-scientific.

Kindly suggest the procedure and time of using the products.

#

First, try to use any one of the products. You can apply it in the nighttime and wash it in the morning.

|