Q. What are these small red itchy bumps around my groin?

Dr. Divakara P
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 18, 2020

I have a really irritating itch around my groin area, inner thigh and also in the abdomen area. It has spread to my buttock area too. I need help in solving this. Please help.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

I need more information on your problem.

• Since how long do you have this problem? Is there any skin discoloration seen?
  • Kindly let me know above details. Also, if possible kindly upload a picture of inner thigh region.

Revert back with the asked details to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

It has been around more than six months now or may be even more time. At first, it was only small red bumps in the areas. Now, it is dark and the bumps are reddish. I am attaching some image of the rashes. My skin color is not as dark as it is right now in the rash area. Please help.

Dr. Divakara P

#

I went through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It looks like a mixed infection (bacterial and fungal).
  • I recommend you to use a cream called Betnovate-C (combination of Betamethasone valerate and Clioquinol) twice a day and Miconazole cream (combination of Hydrocortisone and Miconazole) once a day for three weeks. It shall subside.
  • Avoid wearing wet or unclean undergarments.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|