Q. What are these small red itchy bumps around my groin?

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Apr 07, 2016

I have a really irritating itch around my groin area, inner thigh and also in the abdomen area. It has spread to my buttock area too. I need help in solving this. Please help.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

I need more information on your problem.

• Since how long do you have this problem? Is there any skin discoloration seen?
  • Kindly let me know above details. Also, if possible kindly upload a picture of inner thigh region.

Revert back with the asked details to an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

It has been around more than six months now or may be even more time. At first, it was only small red bumps in the areas. Now, it is dark and the bumps are reddish. I am attaching some image of the rashes. My skin color is not as dark as it is right now in the rash area. Please help.

Dr. Divakara P

#

I went through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It looks like a mixed infection (bacterial and fungal).
  • I recommend you to use a cream called Betnovate-C (combination of Betamethasone valerate and Clioquinol) twice a day and Miconazole cream (combination of Hydrocortisone and Miconazole) once a day for three weeks. It shall subside.
  • Avoid wearing wet or unclean undergarments.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Can fungal infection cause low grade fever?

Query: Hi doctor, For around nine weeks now, I have had a low grade fever and that persists. Also, I feel a little upper throat fullness and mild sinus congestion. I have been in and out of primary care clinics many times looking for help.  I had two chest x-rays and they were clear. I also had blood test...  Read Full »

I have itching and hot feeling in between my thigh and vagina. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.  Read Full »

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »