Q. My under-eye skin is dry with dark circles. Kindly suggest topical medication.

Dr. Neha Sud

I am 39 years old. The skin under the eyes is dry, and I have had dark circles since a teenager. Now getting worse kindly suggest some applications cannot go for the surgical or other treatments.

#

You have an undereye hollowing, which gives rise to the impression of you having dark circles because of changes in light reflection dynamics. This hollowing results due to the descent of cheek fat pads and thinning of the skin with loss of skin elastic support because of age.

Creams can help you with the wrinkling resulting from the above-mentioned skin changes, but the descent of the cheek fat pads and their support can be corrected only with fillers. I understand you do not want to undergo any procedures, so at least you can start by taking care of the skin here.

You can pick up one of the following creams Avene physiolift eye cream or Skinceuticals undereye wrinkle cream. These both are very good products and would be available. Use this cream in the morning and evening around the eye area. Dot a small amount and gently spread the cream, do not rub massage a lot.

In addition, whenever you step out of the house, make sure you wear your sunglasses as they protect the eye skin area against sun induced damage.

Kindly suggest some skin application too, skin getting dull and a few signs of aging.

#

You can use Avene Physiolift cream for the face at night and Avene physiolift eyes for around the eyes.

|