Q. Why is my facial skin darker than the rest of the body?

Dr. Suvina Attavar
Published on Jun 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 14, 2019

The color of the skin on my face is too dark when compared to the skin on my nose, cheeks, and rest of my body. How can I restore the original color on my face?

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Dermatology Venereology
#

The skin often darkens due to tanning under the effect of UV (ultraviolet) rays. I would strongly recommend using a sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30. The sunscreen has to be applied at least half an hour before you go out and has to be reapplied every four hours till evening.

I suggest trying skin lightening cream like Biluma (Kojic acid) at night. Alternatively, you could visit your dermatologist for chemical peels like Lactic acid or Glycolic acid peels. Whatever be the treatment, sun protection is a must.

Hope this helped. Take care.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am 29 years old, but I look like a 40 year old. How to look my age?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male, who looks like a 40 year old. I have aged very poorly. What caused this to happen? What can I do to look my proper age?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Early aging can be a consequence of multiple factors. The most important ones are sun exposure, poor nutrition, improper sleep, bad lifestyle habits, and poor regular care of the skin. Excessive sun exposure damages the normal texture of the skin by altering the collage...  Read Full