Q. I have an uneven skin tone on my face. How to get an even skin tone and glowing skin?

Dr. Meha Malhotra
Published on Oct 17, 2014 and last reviewed on: Dec 12, 2018

I am 24 years old. I have an uneven skin tone on my face. Please advise for an even skin tone and glowing skin.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com

Uneven skin tone is caused mainly by:

1. Frequent sun exposure.
  2. Hormonal imbalances.

To prevent and reverse dullness of skin and to improve your skin tone:

• Drink plenty of water (minimum of eight glasses a day).
  • Avoid oily foods.
  • Consume a lot of fruits and green vegetables.
  • Start a Vitamin C rich diet which will improve the quality of your skin.
  • Wash your face twice daily with a face scrub.
  • Moisturize your skin properly.
  • Use a sunscreen daily no matter how the weather condition is.

Can vitamin C induce periods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. I am approximately 95 kg weight. I am in need of emergency contraception due to failed birth control. I will be ovulating tomorrow, so I am at a high risk of unwanted pregnancy. I obtained and took a 1.5 mg dose of Levonorgestrel (Plan B pill); however I have...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Strictly speaking, vitamin C rarely can do so as evidenced in the history of medicine. These are myths and not true reality. As you are 95 kg, there is a very rare chance of failure of emergency contraceptive pills in this weight. Otherwise, do another option. You can ...  Read Full

Article Overview: This article discusses a few tips to manage and protect your skin during winter. Read Article

Dr. Anagha Kumar

Skin, the largest and the most attractive organ of our body faces a lot of challenges during winters. Cold, dry winters tend to steal the moisture from your skin making it appear flaky, dry and dull. There are also a few diseases like psoriasis and atopic dermatitis that have an increased incidence ...  Read Article

Skin Care Tips to Avoid Pimples

Article Overview: Acne or pimples can be esthetically disturbing. Read the article to know the skin care routine and preventive measures that dermatologist advice for acne. Read Article

Dr. Vinay Kumar

What Is Acne Vulgaris? Acne vulgaris is the medical name for pimples. Pimples or acne is a common skin condition of adolescents and teenagers due to blockage of pores of oil producing glands which results in blackheads, bumps and nodules on the skin of face, upper arms, and trunk. The severity, du...  Read Article

Ask a Cosmetologist Now