Q. Why do I have dark spots on my fingers and knuckles?

Answered by Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Dark Spots or Diabetes? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Why do I have dark spots on my fingers and knuckles?

I am 44 years old. For the past one year, I have noticed dark spots on the fingers and near knuckles on the left hand. They do not hurt, but look like a burn. I also noticed numbness in the tip of my left middle finger. I have allergies, asthma and sleep apnea. I am also suffering from herpes 1 and 2. My current medications are Adipex, Zyrtec, Oxybutynin multivitamin, Valtrex (only when I have a flare-up) and Ventolin inhaler. Please suggest some advice.