Q. What is this white layer on the head of my penis?

Dr. Parth Singh

I am a 29 year old male. From a couple of months, I have noticed white layer with a bad smell on my penis head. Is it a sexually transmitted disease? What to do? How to get it treated? Please, suggest some treatment.

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

• The white-greyish foul smelling layer on the penis head is known as smegma. It is made up a collection of dead cells and bacteria. It grows when the penis is not cleaned on a daily basis.
  • You need not panic. Just make a point that you clean your penis head thoroughly with water while bathing by retracting the foreskin completely. Make sure that if you are sexually active, wash the penis before and after having sex. That's all you need to do.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|