Q. My face has a lot of red spots with hyperpigmentation due to acne. How to get a clear face?

Dr. Shama Naaz
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

My concern is about acne. I have a lot of red spots or marks on the face. I also have some areas with hyperpigmentation. My skin became dry after using different products. Currently, I am using an aloe vera moisturizer to reduce dryness. I want to know the treatment to remove acne marks present on the face for eleven months.

#

Yes, acne marks can be removed. These marks occur when the acne lesion fades and so it activates the melanin causing pigmentation. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF (sun protection factor) of 30 and above daily before thirty minutes of going outside. You can use a depigmentation agent containing Arbutin or Azelaic acid at night over the dark areas daily. Use gentle cleansing milk to clean your face. After that, use a hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic moisturizer like Cerave and Cetaphil as aloe vera gel alone will not help to lock moisture. Have a follow-up with a clear picture of the skin lesion.

|