Q. I am getting itching, and there is a formation of dead skin on my penis after every intercourse. Why?

Dr. Nagaraj Patil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Sushrutha Muralidharan

The day after having sex, my penis foreskin is itching, and there are small white pimples forming on my foreskin and penis glans. I am taking Fluconazole 150 oral tablet. Two days after taking the tablet, there is forming like dead skin on my penis. When I wash, it goes easily. Two or three days later, my penis comes into normal. But later, whenever I have sex same problem repeating. I am facing this problem for the last two months. Kindly help me.

#

I assume it is with the same partner. Note that you need not have to take the tablets every time. Normally in every male, there occurs a secretion called smegma. When you are not cleaning your penis daily by withdrawing the foreskin and exposing the glance penis, it gets deposited and gets a little harder. During sex, due to friction, these tiny spots get dislodged, leaving a red area beneath, causing itchiness. So I suggest you follow the three things:

1) During the shower, clean your glans penis by withdrawing the foreskin completely. Do not use soap to clean the part as it is sensitive skin. Plain water should suffice.

2) After sex, do the same thing. Clean the part by exposing, again without soap.

3) If you have a strong family history of diabetes, kindly get your sugar tests done once.

I hope this was helpful.

Please get back if you have further doubts.

|