Q. I am tired, not able to sleep, and lack interest. What to do?

Dr. Ujjal Kanti Ray
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 07, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 10, 2021

I have fatigue. Sometimes, I am unable to sleep due to numbness in the back of the head and hands while sleeping. I have a lack of interest. I am having this problem for a month even after taking nine numbers of B12 injections and medications.

#

I think that you are under stress. Anxiety is one of the reason where these medicines do not work.

I have attached my reports. I have tiredness for the whole day. I feel tired even after doing minor works.

#

I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your ECG (electrocardiogram) is normal and your urine report shows high pus cells. You have low B12 and other parameters are normal. I suggest you take oral B12 tablets. Treat your urinary infection. Please mention whether you have acidity or stomach problems. Please mention the nature of your job and worries in detail. Please answer these questions and it helps me to guide better.

I feel tired for the whole day. I drive 100 kilometers every day in the car. I feel tired even while standing. I am taking Mbson SL in the morning, Rejunex CD3 in the afternoon, and Methylcobalamin 1500 mg in the night. I was taking Pregalin SR 75 mg at night for pain. I stopped it after getting mood swings. It increases my body's tiredness. I have some gas problems.

#

You are taking an excessive dose of Methylcobalamine. You seem to be a normal person with minimal problems. Just follow these measures and you will become absolutely fine. You need to do physical exercise every day. Get down from the car and walk for a distance. Try to move away from the computer intermittently and walk for a while. You can take tablet Norflox 400 (Norfloxacin with Lactobacillus) one tablet twice a day after food for seven days.

You can take tablet Pan D (Pantoprazole) one tablet once daily on an empty stomach. You can take tablet Alzolam 0.25 mg (Alprazolam) one tablet at bedtime for seven days. Please do not skip it. Try to drive away from anxiety. You can take tablet Mecobal 1500 mcg (Methylcobalamin) one tablet after taking lunch. You can do a blood test for lipid profiles. Be confident and you will become fine soon. Maintain your food habit regularly.

I have some questions to ask you.

#

You can ask me questions at any time. You can have a follow-up at any time.

Is it good to take Alzolam? Please suggest.

#

Yes, you can take it. It helps you a lot.

Is there any substitute for it?

#

Yes, I will send you soon.

Since yesterday, I feel normal.

#

For a substitute, you can take Trika 0.25 mg (Alprazolam).

You have helped me a lot.

#

If you have any queries, kindly revert me.

I have attached my full body report.

#

I have gone through the reports and everything seems to be normal except blood uric acid. It seems to be on the borderline. You do not require any medicines right now. You can repeat the test after a month. You can stop taking Methylcobalamin. You can continue taking the rest of the medicines.

As per the report, I seem to have a prediabetic condition of 5.7%.

#

Your blood sugar level is normal. Hba1c (hemoglobinA1C) below 6 percent indicates a non-diabetic condition or diabetes under control. This test is done to assess the status of diabetes.

|