Decreased Interest

Why are there lack of interest and suicidal thoughts even after taking medicines for OCD?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from OCD and took medication for around five months prescribed by a psychiatrist. Now I am somewhat managing the OCD, but at the same time, I have depression also. Now I lost interest in all things and feel like doing a job, earn money and living in a middle-clas...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Depression is comorbid most of the time with OCD (occlusive compulsive disorder) because it is a very frustrating condition when you do not have control over your thoughts. If you control your thoughts and control yourself to engage in it, then it is a very good indi...  Read Full »

Why have I lost interest in studies?

Query: Hello doctor, Till school, I was a very bright student but while pursuing graduation, I lost my interest in studies. Now I am not able to concentrate on studies and keep on thinking about other things. I am very tensed. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are various reasons of lack of interest in studies. Not having the subject of one's choice, parental expectations, the stress of performance, anxiety problem, lack of motivation. I would advise you to make a schedule and follow it strictly. Set some rewards for...  Read Full »

I have lost interest and feel hopeless after retirement. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I find this difficult to explain. I wake from sleep and have to work to get back. I have lost interest in all activities, feel hopeless and empty. I can do things around the house and drive but these take a lot of effort. I just do not feel myself. I at 63, have just retired and I jus...  Read Full »

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand. You are just retired and that could be the basic problem. Just retired simply means being detached from whatever the circumstances enjoyed before the retirement. Friends, office, responsibility, etc. Suddenly you feel empty and start feeling old. There...  Read Full »

Why am I not interested in studies?

Query: Hi doctor,First time, when I was in the hostel I acted like fainting. So, they took me to the hospital and after checking BP, the doctor said it was low. The next day, I got very high fever and came home. Then after some days, I went hostel as I had kidney pain. I was brought here and had a scan. Th...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I completely understand that you are feeling a lack of interest in studies and unable to focus on your studies.  Read Full »

My energy levels are low, and feel sad and cranky. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, Lying all day not interested in literally anything, energy levels low, feel tired without any reasons, sad, cranky and not doing any work. This happens in cycles, might work for a day and then shut off for weeks doing nothing productive and feeling stuck. Been quite a long time experi...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from major depressive disorder. You need to take medication for your disorder and be active in your life. Try to do exercise daily like just go for walk for 30 to 45 minutes, take good food avoid junk food, take good sound sleep at least 6 to 8 ...  Read Full »

I feel sad and do not feel like doing anything often. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a male. For a while, I have been feeling very down like I do not feel happy. I feel sad but then after a while, I feel alright. Then I feel sad again. Sometimes, I wanna be left alone, sometimes, I wish I had more people and I think about self-harm a lot and I cannot cry easily but...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good that your weight, height, BMI (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are within normal limits and age is appropriate. No such stress factor has been described by you. Is there any stress and mental trauma that troubles you or any situation that c...  Read Full »

Does nootropic drug come under addictive drugs?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is not so good in education and not showing active interest. Does nootropic drug help to improve? He is having asthma. He is not taking any drugs now and uses an inhaler. He is 14 years old and studying grade 9. Does nootropic come under the category of addictive drugs? Can we u...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can use nootropics (cognitive enhancers), but most probably it would not help. Also, they are not habit forming and you can stop them anytime. Rather than nootropic drugs, you can try some physical methods like behavior modification. It is better if you find his inte...  Read Full »

I do not like my job and forced to stay. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have just completed my three months of training in my job, which is far away from my home. Now, I am alone in my hostel as my roommates have already vacated. I personally had frequent mood swings during the office time and the rest of the day. I am just losing my confidence. I chose IT ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the provided details and understood your concerns. Although I am no one to decide your work, but there is a clear evidence that soft skill training and option for career in soft skills is just an excuse to run away from the harsh realities of IT sector...  Read Full »