Q. I am not interested in any activity, have less concentration and feeling lonely. Why?

Published on Oct 22, 2019

I am a 19-year-old female. I am not interested in performing any activity, very low concentration in studies, sleep a lot, sad mood, behavior like not interested in attending the social program, not to talk, difficulty in sharing the feeling, emotions, difficulty in trusting others, etc. I am feeling lonely. I have not taken any medication. Please help.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understood your concerns. Decreased interest in almost all activities, decreased social interaction, sadness, increased sleep, loss of concentration are features that clearly indicate a major depressive disorder.

The condition is clearly treatable with either medicine or psychotherapy. In my view, you should start tablet Bupropion 150 mg once a day and increase it to twice a day from day five of the treatment. Since it is a suggestion only medication, you will need a prescription to buy from the chemist.

This is possible that you will see changes in your life by the end of one week and revert to me after ten days.

| 

I feel sad, cranky and tired. What can I do?

Query: Hi doctor, My energy levels are low, and I feel sad and cranky. What can I do?  Read Full »

How to come out of loneliness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mind flip problem. My emotions get changed every hour. I am studying and living in a hostel. I have the feeling of loneliness. I do not want to be alone. I do not know how to deal with it.  Read Full »

What can be done for daydreaming, loneliness, and lack of concentration?

Query: Hello doctor,I have never consulted a psychiatrist before, but according to what I have observed about myself, maybe I am suffering from maladaptive daydreaming, loneliness, lack of concentration as well as maybe depression. This is the peak time for me to make my career. I only have two years left ...  Read Full »