Q. I am not interested in any activity, have less concentration and feeling lonely. Why?

Published on Oct 22, 2019

I am a 19-year-old female. I am not interested in performing any activity, very low concentration in studies, sleep a lot, sad mood, behavior like not interested in attending the social program, not to talk, difficulty in sharing the feeling, emotions, difficulty in trusting others, etc. I am feeling lonely. I have not taken any medication. Please help.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understood your concerns. Decreased interest in almost all activities, decreased social interaction, sadness, increased sleep, loss of concentration are features that clearly indicate a major depressive disorder.

The condition is clearly treatable with either medicine or psychotherapy. In my view, you should start tablet Bupropion 150 mg once a day and increase it to twice a day from day five of the treatment. Since it is a suggestion only medication, you will need a prescription to buy from the chemist.

This is possible that you will see changes in your life by the end of one week and revert to me after ten days.

I feel sad, cranky and tired. What can I do?

Query: Hi doctor, My energy levels are low, and I feel sad and cranky. What can I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Madathupalayam Madhankumar
Family Physician, General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Fetal Medicine Specialist, Audiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from major depressive disorder. You need to take medication for your disorder and be active in your life. Try to do exercise daily like just go for a walk for 30 to 45 minutes, take good food, avoid junk food, get sound sleep at least six to eig...  Read Full

How to come out of loneliness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mind flip problem. My emotions get changed every hour. I am studying and living in a hostel. I have the feeling of loneliness. I do not want to be alone. I do not know how to deal with it.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mood swings with frequent low mood episodes can occur due to lots of causes. If there is variation in a menstrual cycle, it can be a premenstrual syndrome. If you have a predominantly low mood, it can be dysthymia which is a low grade chronic long-term depression. As yo...  Read Full

What can be done for daydreaming, loneliness, and lack of concentration?

Query: Hello doctor,I have never consulted a psychiatrist before, but according to what I have observed about myself, maybe I am suffering from maladaptive daydreaming, loneliness, lack of concentration as well as maybe depression. This is the peak time for me to make my career. I only have two years left ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem but need more information to conclude. The symptoms of poor focus, lack of concentration, etc., can occur in depression but these are not sufficient to make a diagnosis of depression. Low mood, reduced energy, lack of interest in day to day...  Read Full