Decreased Urine Output

Will an enlarged prostate gland cause difficulty in urination after cystolitholapaxy?

Query: Hi doctor, On the thirtieth two months ago, I had a bladder stone removed by cystolitholapaxy. No catheter was put in, and that afternoon I could not urinate. I went back to the urologist, and a catheter was put in. On Monday, it was taken out, and after a few hours, I discovered I could not urinat...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have an enlarged prostate gland which causes this difficulty in passing urine, and secondary bladder stones, which were treated. Bladder stone itself is an indication for transurethral resection of the prostate, which causes occlusion and difficulty passing urin...  Read Full »

How to treat prostate enlargement and difficulty urinating?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a sleep disorder, anxiety, panic disorder, high blood pressure, and prostate enlargement for a week. I have difficulty in urinating for two weeks.   Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prostate enlargement occurs commonly after 50 years of age and it causes symptoms like difficulty in passing urine. Doing investigations like ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureter, and bladder) and prostate will help to know the size of the prostate and other abnormalities...  Read Full »

I have slow urinating problem with diabetes. Please suggest medication to help both.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a slow urinating problem and I am taking the following medications: Telma H (OD), Glycomet GP (BD), Atorlip 10 (OD), Urimax 0.4 mg (OD), and Vitamin A to Z (OD), and Human Mixtard Insulin 20 units (OD). I have my health check-up done. Please prescribe suitable diabetic and kidn...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prostate enlargement can cause an obstruction and slow urine. After the age of 50 prostate starts to grow to variable sizes. Although size does not matter but the shape of the prostate can cause obstruction. Medications can shrink the prostate up to 30% and cause impr...  Read Full »

Why do my weak urine stream even get worse while ejaculating?

Query: Hello doctor, I have always had a weak urine stream. I had medicines several times for bladder infections, never feel like I fully urinate. But lately, I have a bigger issue, I find myself not able to urinate sometimes, I recently realized if I ejaculate then it is worse. Two nights ago, after se...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have a few queries before jumping on to the conclusion. Have you ever been catheterized? Any history of trauma? smoker? Or any chronic illness (diabetes or hypertension)? Any record of RGU or MCUG or ultrasound is done before? Have you been on any medications for this...  Read Full »

Is it possible to remove kidney stone stuck in penis using catheter?

Query: Hello doctor,My father is a heart patient and his ejection fraction is 35 %. He is now suffering from kidney stone which is currently stuck in the penis. He has heavy pain during urine passage. The urine flow is almost zero. The doctor suggested for the operation with high cardiac risk. Can catheter...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. He has a stone in urethra, just proximal to a stricture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Opening up of the stricture segment and stone removal will be done at the same time. Cardiac risk is a real risk but is usually managed by good anesthetists. Just c...  Read Full »

I have ureteral stent. Could it be the reason for less urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a stent in the ureter for past three months due to possible shrinkage of a tube at one point. I want to ask you what can be the condition with me if I have normal color but low urine in addition to a white thread like particles and also a very little even non-problematic to bea...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I will need further details regarding what treatment you have had till now to understand your situation better. From the details available, it appears that you are on a ureteric stent due to obstruction with renal failure. The symptoms th...  Read Full »

After CABG, urine discharge is low and creatinine level is high. Why?

Query: Hello doctor,My father has undergone CABG (bypass surgery of heart) since then he is on the medicine. During this operation, we came to know that he is also hepatitis B antigen positive. Ayurvedic treatment is continuing and things are under control. In last week accidentally he has broken bone of h...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.From what you mentioned, your father has sustained acute kidney failure, the cause is not clear (may be due to bleeding and losing a large amount of blood). Dialysis is required if there is volume overload (lower limb edema and chest congestion), also if there is high potas...  Read Full »

There is no urine build up during the day. Is there anything to worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I have urination problem from six months. There is no urine build up during the day. But while taking bed rest in the day, I have started to urinate more frequently. There was no problem in the morning. I got a checkup done. The ultrasound, urine test, and blood test were normal. Now,...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. Your problem is not big. I have seen all the reports sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is perfectly fine. Regarding urinary complaints, it looks like the side effect of Clonazepam and Sertraline tablets. These ...  Read Full »