Q. Why am I getting less urine with white particles while on ureteral stent?

Dr. Karthik Rajan

I have a stent in the ureter for past three months due to possible shrinkage of a tube at one point. I want to ask you what can be the condition with me if I have normal color but low urine in addition to a white thread like particles and also a very little even non-problematic to bear stent and as well as during urinating. Today, I have also found a visible but small amount of RBCs attached to one of the thread particles. Can you please prescribe me a possible condition, diagnostic test, and treatment.

#

I have gone through your query. I will need further details regarding what treatment you have had till now to understand your situation better. From the details available, it appears that you are on a ureteric stent due to obstruction with renal failure. The symptoms that you mentioned are the side effects of having a stent inside the ureter for a long time. The symptoms reduce with time but in some may persist. Mild blood in urine and calcium crystals in urine are also normal in patients with a stent inside. I would advise you to consult with your treating urologist regarding the next stage of treatment now that your renal function has improved to normal.

|