Q. My teeth are crooked after using retainers only at night. Should I get braces again?

Dr. Prerna Jain
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 09, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

One of my teeth started moving backward as soon as I started wearing my retainer just at night. It got painful to put the retainer back in, and so I stopped wearing it. I am terrified of orthodontists and dentists, and so did not let my orthodontist know. Now, two of my teeth has moved backwards and a couple are slightly crooked. Should I get braces again or is there another option for this?

#

To correct the relapse of orthodontic treatment, there are two options. It depends on how much tooth movement is required.

1. If it is one or two teeth requiring 1 mm or less tooth movement, an active retainer can be given.
  2. If it is more teeth or a greater amount of tooth movement in a complex multidimensional movement, you will require braces. Braces are also available in esthetic options like aligners.

For more information consult an orthodontist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthodontist

|