Q. What is the treatment for facet hypertrophy?

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena
Published on Apr 29, 2016

I am 28 years old and suffering from facet hypertrophy. I have continuous lower back pain. I cannot stand for more than five minutes. I am taking Nuroday daily. I would like to know the treatment.

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Surgery
#

• You have mentioned that you are 28 years of age and have continuous lower back pain which I think is not responding to the medications and conservative management.
  • Normally at this age, conservative management in the form of anti-inflammatory medications, intensive physical therapy and adequate calcium and vitamin D intake should be fine.
  • But, if it is not responding to this treatment protocol then there are options available depending upon the pain and facetal hypertrophy.
  • So, we can give facet joint injections, radiofrequency ablation of facets and if that also does not help then a fusion surgery is done.
  • But, a fair trial of conservative management usually should be sufficient at your age.
  • Also, if you can send me the relevant MRI images and x-rays, I can then have a look at them and then get back to you accordingly.

Degenerative disc disease.

MRI spine and x-rays of the affected part of spine.

Revert back with the reports to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Query: Hi, I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatme...  Read Full »

I am having heel pain and inflammation from stepping on a nail head.Is this due to a bone contusion or did I damage any ligaments?

Query: Hello doctor, I stepped on the head of a nail a week ago. Now, every time I step on that part of my heel, I get this sharp, searing and burning feeling. Is this a bone contusion or did I damage any ligaments? What happened? Thank you for giving me an audience; it's extremely appreciated.  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now