Q. Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Dr. Lokesh
Published on Mar 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatment.

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

• After going through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your Vitamin D level is very low, and lipid profile is minimally deranged.
  • I suggest you try taking the following medicines. Consult with your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medication with their consent.
  1. Tablet Bio-D3 strong (combination of Calcitriol and Calcium carbonate), one tablet every day morning for three months.
  2. Tablet Uprise-D3 60,000 IU (Cholecalciferol) once daily for 10 days.
  • I would suggest you consult a dietician and consume a low-fat diet. Also get lipid profile, CBC (complete blood count) and vitamin D3 checked every three months, after that once a month for one year.

For further queries consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

Why am I having chest pain even though lipid profile and echo are normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from chest pain in the left side from 4 to 5 days, but my lipid profile and 2D echocardiography both reports are normal. What to do? What is the reason of chest pain?  Read Full »

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full »

Are medications needed to rectify my lipid profile values?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly see the test report and advice what precautions or medications are required especially in the lipid profile section.  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now