Q. Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in different parts of my body?

Dr. Lokesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 02, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 41 year old male weighing 79 kg. I have vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. Since one year I have pain in my arms, fingers and many parts of the body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice some treatment.

#

• After going through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your Vitamin D level is very low, and lipid profile is minimally deranged.
  • I suggest you try taking the following medicines. Consult with your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medication with their consent.
  1. Tablet Bio-D3 strong (combination of Calcitriol and Calcium carbonate), one tablet every day morning for three months.
  2. Tablet Uprise-D3 60,000 IU (Cholecalciferol) once daily for 10 days.
  • I would suggest you consult a dietician and consume a low-fat diet. Also get lipid profile, CBC (complete blood count) and vitamin D3 checked every three months, after that once a month for one year.

For further queries consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

| 

Why am I having chest pain even though lipid profile and echo are normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from chest pain in the left side from 4 to 5 days, but my lipid profile and 2D echocardiography both reports are normal. What to do? What is the reason of chest pain?  Read Full »

From the attached reports, please tell me the reason for frequent urination.

Query: Hello doctor, From the past few days, I have frequent urination. I am attaching all the test reports that I have done so far. I also got an x-ray and CT scan of the chest, but as I am out, I cannot upload them now. I will upload them later if you need it.  Read Full »

Are medications needed to rectify my lipid profile values?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly see the test report and advice what precautions or medications are required especially in the lipid profile section.  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now