Degenerative Joint Disease

What the cause of my ankle pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from left ankle pain. I have soreness and it is bruised. Sometimes, it is difficult to walk too. I am also suffering from lower back pain. I feel the pain from my ankle joint to my hip. I have a history of ankle pain, but it was on the right. Before two years, I had an arth...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your MRI (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there are arthritic changes seen in the joint between two small bones of the foot, that is, talus and navicular as well as in the posterior part of the tibia. This is the cause for ankle pain and swelling an...  Read Full »

What can be done to relieve knee pain apart from taking painkillers?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from knee OA. It is more on the left than the right. Her age is 54. She feels pain while walking and as a result of that she is unable to reduce weight. Currently, she is taking Jointace tablet, but there is no relief. Can you suggest some alternate option oth...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's x-rays (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there is definite degeneration in both her knee joints, which is also expected to happen at this age. As far as management, it will be better if I can know a few more details fr...  Read Full »

I am having knee pain. How to manage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having knee pain. How will I manage it?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your knee pain could be due to many reasons but common ones are chondromalacia, pain due to knee instability, inflammation due to an underlying pathology or just degenerative joint disease, etc. What was the cause of onset of pain in your knees and what has been the to...  Read Full »

Do I have osteoarthritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 year old female. My BMI is normal. I am fairly active on my feet all day because of work and I used to walk instead of transport. I was a lot more active when I was younger. I used to dance for roughly 20 hours a week and swim five hours a week. Since I have got older and due to...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It does seem like osteoarthritis, but I would suggest ruling out rheumatological diseases as well and check vitamin D and repeat it. For your shoulder I would like to know how much is your range of motion.   Read Full »

I am getting radiating right hip pain. Is this due to psoriatic arthritis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. Since a week, I am getting pain in the right leg hip and sometimes, extending till right knee and calf muscle. I feel that something is trying to project on the left side.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand from your query that you are experiencing some hip pain with radiation till knee region. Where exactly are you feeling some projecting swelling? Also, since this is only a week old story, there is no need to worry especially if there is no history of i...  Read Full »

What causes a ligament to push against upper artery causing pain?

Query: Hello doctor, What causes a ligament to push against upper artery causing pain?  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Which site are you talking about and where do you get pain? What are your symptoms? Please explain in detail. In general, these are degenerative changes. This means due to aging there is wear and tear of the ligaments leading to inflammation and enlargement. Also, t...  Read Full »

From my MRI, can you point out what is causing the back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, Other than Bell's palsy, I have a problem of back or neck pain now. In fact, this has been going on for a few months now. More recently, the right of the back (lower back and hip) has been causing a lot of pain. I got an MRI of spine done four weeks ago. I am attaching the report here fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your new symptoms, they are due to degenerative changes in your spine that is, wear and tear after usage (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The changes are there in the whole of your spine, maximum at the neck than at the lower back. There is no ...  Read Full »