Q. What can be the reason for left knee muscle pain in a person who has been diabetic for the past 15 years?

Dr. Suman Saurabh

I have been diabetic for the past 15 years. My left anterior part of the knee pains. The pain is mostly in my muscles, not the bones. It is difficult for me to walk. My current medications include Janumet, Pioz 7.5 (in the morning), Glyciphage SR (in the afternoon), and Glyciphage P 15 (at night). For my knee pain, I took some medications in the past, which include Zerodol SR, Altraday SR, and Renerve.

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

I am really sorry to hear about your problem and hope to help you.

It looks like you have degenerative changes in the knee joint, which is causing pain.

I have these suggestions for you-

1. You must do quadriceps strengthening exercises.

2. You can do hamstring stretch.

3. You must avoid squatting and cross-leg sitting.

4. You can take Calcium Citrate Malate (CCM) tablets twice daily for a month.

5. Capsule Uprise D3 (Cholecalciferol) 60K weekly for four weeks.

6. Tablet Ultracet (Tramadol Hydrochloride and Acetaminophen) twice daily for five days (whenever you have pain).

I also suggest you to consult with a specialist doctor, talk with them and take medicines with their consent.

Please follow the suggested exercises.

|