Q. After delivery, I have not got my periods yet. Why?

Dr. Jyoti Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 11, 2020

I have delivered a baby boy through cesarean. After delivery my bleeding continues for three months. Then, it stopped completely and till now I have not got my menses. Now, my baby is 9.5 months old. Is it normal or need any medication? I am currently on Eltroxin 100 mg for thyroid.

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Are you breastfeeding your child? If yes, then breastfeeding could be the reason for delayed menstruation
  • Also, you need to understand that you could still be pregnant without getting your periods.
  • Kindly rule out pregnancy first and start a contraceptive measure after consultation with your doctor if you are not planning for another baby in the near future.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|