Q. I am two days late after I took Plan B. Is this normal?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Apr 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I track my cycles. About five days after I was supposed to be finished ovulating, I had unprotected sex and took Plan-B the day after. I got my period when expected, but it only lasted four days (usually it lasts seven). Now my next period was supposed to come but I am two days late. Is this normal?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Your body clock has been really timed and punctual. Sometimes, due to few reasons like stress, anxiety, hormonal imbalance, strenuous exercise, strict dieting, etc., periods can be delayed.

As I mentioned, the hormones affect the periods. As for delaying periods, and induction of menses both, we use hormones only.

So, it seems that your body showed some response to your emergency contraceptive pills that are actually hormones. Last month's less bleeding and this month's two days delay are not serious as you are a teenager, and still, your reproductive system is in the developing phase.

Have healthy balanced nutritious diet with exercise, yoga, and walking.

Try to avoid hormones intake as still your system is developing and can be disturbed.

If you have been treated for any disease, try to have full treatment.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Can Ovral G be used as an emergency contraceptive pill?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old. My period was a month back. It sustained for four days. I generally use 3 to 4 pads in my periods. I had sex 10 days later. On the very next day, I had two Ovral G at around 9 AM and there after 12 hours again two Ovral G tablets. I noticed my period 12 days later, ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The test result is <0.10 (attachment removed to protect patient identity) which means it is negative and you are not pregnant and your period was six days early this time. nothing else. Do not worry much. And if you still have doubt then do urine pregnancy test weekl...  Read Full

Having spotting after emergency contraceptive pill. Is there anything to worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been sexually active for the past four months. We initially did not use protection, in order to avoid pregnancy I have used emergency contraceptive pills for a few times now. My periods got delayed by a day or two but with no major changes in the cycle. Last month I found spotti...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, this is not acceptable if you take I-pill frequently. As these pills are of high hormonal content, it can mess up your internal hormonal balance. So, you may have these types of few abnormal bleeding for the following few weeks. Now, the intermenstrual ble...  Read Full

How effective Meprate in preventing pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend is a virgin and we were intimate on two consecutive days last month. During that time, her periods were delayed by two weeks. I was careful not to ejaculate anywhere near her vagina nor was it knowingly in contact with my penis. She waited for another 10 days and since she d...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Ideally, Meprate - Medroxyprogesterone should be taken only after confirming the absence of pregnancy as Meprate has a tendency of causing incomplete abortion. So, it would be wise to get a serum beta hCG done (human chorionic gonadotropin). It is a blood test that d...  Read Full