Q. I am two days late after I took Plan B. Is this normal?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I track my cycles. About five days after I was supposed to be finished ovulating, I had unprotected sex and took Plan-B the day after. I got my period when expected, but it only lasted four days (usually it lasts seven). Now my next period was supposed to come but I am two days late. Is this normal?

#

Your body clock has been really timed and punctual. Sometimes, due to few reasons like stress, anxiety, hormonal imbalance, strenuous exercise, strict dieting, etc., periods can be delayed.

As I mentioned, the hormones affect the periods. As for delaying periods, and induction of menses both, we use hormones only.

So, it seems that your body showed some response to your emergency contraceptive pills that are actually hormones. Last month's less bleeding and this month's two days delay are not serious as you are a teenager, and still, your reproductive system is in the developing phase.

Have healthy balanced nutritious diet with exercise, yoga, and walking.

Try to avoid hormones intake as still your system is developing and can be disturbed.

If you have been treated for any disease, try to have full treatment.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|