Q. Missed or delayed periods after taking I-Pill? Is it due to pregnancy or amenorrhea?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 17, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and she took I-pill within two hours. She had bleeding for three to six days after having sex and she missed her periods till now.

I have heard about the disease amenorrhea, it might also be the side effect of I-pill in some cases. Is this a pregnancy or a disease amenorrhea? If amenorrhea happens, then can it be easily cured or not? How she can have her regular periods? Is it a matter of fear or a common disease?

Please help us.

#

Amenorrhea is not a disease. Amenorrhea is simply absence of the menstrual cycle.

A lot of females have missed periods for one or two cycles after taking I-pill and this is normal. In most cases cycle resumes after one or two missed periods. So, no need to worry.

Within one to two months her periods will resume. So, no need to do anything. As she bled three to six days after taking I-pill, there is no risk of pregnancy.

The amenorrhea is the side effect of I-pill only. It is not a matter of fear. No need to do anything. Just remain relaxed and wait for her periods to resume.

For further information consult a Ob/Gynac Doctor Online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Her last period is two months back, but till now she does not have her period. I am worried about her health. Is there any chance of getting pregnant after taking an I-pill? Is this a normal disorder which showed by the I-pill? Please suggest me.

#

This is not a disorder. Her periods will resume in one to two months. No need to worry, she is not pregnant.

If you want to be sure, then get her urine pregnancy test done (UPT).

UPT kits are available over-the-counter and can test her urine for pregnancy. The instructions are clearly written on packs of UPT. Negative test will rule out pregnancy.

|