Q. Missed or delayed periods after taking I-Pill? Is it due to pregnancy or amenorrhea?

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Missed Period or Delayed Period? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Missed or delayed periods after taking I-Pill? Is it due to pregnancy or amenorrhea?

I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend and she took I-pill within two hours. She had bleeding for three to six days after having sex and she missed her periods till now.

I have heard about the disease amenorrhea, it might also be the side effect of I-pill in some cases. Is this a pregnancy or a disease amenorrhea? If amenorrhea happens, then can it be easily cured or not? How she can have her regular periods? Is it a matter of fear or a common disease?

Please help us.