Q. I had protected sex last month. Got two or three drops of blood at the date of my period. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Gowrimeena
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 18, 2014 and last reviewed on: Jan 20, 2022

I am a 20 year old girl. Last month on 22nd, I had protected sex. And on 28th, I got two or three drops of bleeding, and it was my date of periods. After that, I did not get any periods. Am I pregnant?

#

From what you have said, it looks like you are not ready for a pregnancy. As the bleeding on 28th was not like a normal period, pregnancy chance is very much possible. It may just be a delayed period, due to the stress and tension you are having. But we need to check. Please have a home pregnancy test or a urine pregnancy test.

If the test is positive, we need to deal with the unplanned pregnancy. If the test is negative, then we can give you medicines to induce periods. You may also need tests to check why there is a delay in periods, in spite of not being pregnant.

Hope this helps, Take care!

|