Q. Please suggest a treatment for delayed periods.

I am an 18 year old. My period is delayed by three days. This is not normal for me. I took two pregnancy tests and they both came back negative.

#

How are you doing?

I do not see any reason for you to worry. Having a cycle of 28 days plus or minus seven is considered alright. You do not need to worry about it.

• You can wait up to 14 days after the expected date of periods. Only by the age of 19 to 21 years, the hormonal axis between the pituitary and ovary is matured. So, before that, it is normal for your periods to be irregular.
  • Ensure that you do not suddenly put on weight. Any sudden change in weight, a significant physical or mental stress or the use of hormonal pills to alter the periods, can also delay the periods.
  • I am sure you will not need any medications for periods. But, if you are too anxious and they do not come even after 14 days, you can have any of the birth control pills, of the 21-pills packet type, one tablet, twice a day for 10 days, and throw away the 21st pill. Irrespective of the cause for the delay, you will get your periods within 7 to 10 days.

Hope I have clarified your query. Do write back. All the best.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|