Q. Pregnancy tests were negative, but I passed blood clots. What could it be?

Published on Sep 27, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My period usually comes on the 6th every month, but I did not get my periods of this month. In fact, I forgot it because I did not have any usual cramps like I would. I started feeling weird and having a few pregnancy like symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, headaches and my nose started to get sensitive. A few days passed and I still had no cramps or period. I took two pregnancy tests and they were negative. I went to my gynecologist and had one more pregnancy test. That too came back as negative. I did have problem of UTI and I am now getting treatment for that. I started spotting a day after and the blood went from brown to bright pink to red. Then it started getting heavier, but no cramps. Then I went to the bathroom and a blood clot passed through my urine and the toilet bowl filled with blood. I do not really have the pregnancy symptoms as much as I did before, but what could this be?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

As the pregnancy tests were negative even after eight days post missed menses, it ensures that you are not pregnant.

The symptoms you had were common PMS symptoms (premenstrual syndrome), which subsides slowly once the menses start.

There is a possibility that a large endometrial chunk would have got passed out during the start of the flow due to delayed menses this time. So, just allow the menses to continue and you should be fine.

The chunk was definitely not a gestational sac or pregnancy, as the pregnancy tests were negative.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

What is the solution for PMS and painful period?

Query: Hi doctor, I am asking you on behalf of my friend. Here are the symptoms, which she had around three to seven days before bleeding. All symptoms of PMS along with occasional migraine with glaucoma, nausea, pain in the lower part of spine and cramps. On the first day of bleeding, she is having pain...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is dysmenorrhea with premenstrual syndrome. If the pains are severe and symptoms are uncontrollable, then please follow the following prescription. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. Tablet Arcalion (S...  Read Full

Pregnancy test shows negative, shall I take medicine to induce periods?

Query: Hi doctor,I got my last period before three months. I have not gotten my periods ever since. I had protected intercourse twice before two months. However, I have no symptom and all the pregnancy tests are negative. Also, I have missed my period the same way, even before once and my cycle is gener...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In your case, if pregnancy test has been negative, even till date, then you are surely not pregnant. The delay and irregularity need to be evaluated and investigated to rule out PCOS (polycystic ovarian disease), hypothyroidism or hyperprolactinemia, which are the most...  Read Full

Are my symptoms due to PMS or pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my period on the 29th of last month. It lasted for six days (usually seven). The cycle is usually 30 to 33 days. I had unprotected sex on the last day of my period (4th of this month). He did not penetrate deep and did not ejaculate inside as well. I usually get acne, but now it is ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana Kaur Khurana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had sex on day-6 of your cycle. According to your cycle length, your fertile days start from day-10 to day-20. This could be because of premenstrual symptoms. But, sometimes, the cycle length can vary. So, if you did not have sex after that, then the chances of ...  Read Full