Q. Pregnancy tests were negative, but I passed blood clots. What could it be?

Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar.

Do you have a question on Delayed Period or Pregnancy Test? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Pregnancy tests were negative, but I passed blood clots.  What could it be?

My period usually comes on the 6th every month, but I did not get my periods of this month. In fact, I forgot it because I did not have any usual cramps like I would. I started feeling weird and having a few pregnancy like symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, headaches and my nose started to get sensitive. A few days passed and I still had no cramps or period. I took two pregnancy tests and they were negative. I went to my gynecologist and had one more pregnancy test. That too came back as negative. I did have problem of UTI and I am now getting treatment for that. I started spotting a day after and the blood went from brown to bright pink to red. Then it started getting heavier, but no cramps. Then I went to the bathroom and a blood clot passed through my urine and the toilet bowl filled with blood. I do not really have the pregnancy symptoms as much as I did before, but what could this be?