Q. There was condom slippage after intercourse. Can this lead to pregancy?

Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Delayed Period or Contraceptive Pill? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: There was condom slippage after intercourse.  Can this lead to pregancy?

I had sex with my partner two months back using a condom. After ejaculation, she was getting off from me, and as she got up, the condom slipped off. I, however, pulled it out of her. When I did this, the semen leaked on my leg. As she was on top of me (due to gravity), all the semen fell on my leg. At that time I was 80 % confident that no semen had gone near her. To be careful, I recommended her to take the morning after pill, and she took it 12 hours later. Approximately eight days after sex, we did a pregnancy test which was negative. She usually has her period around the 17th of the month. Her period is now four days late. Can you advise why this could be? This is the first time she has taken any pill.