iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersNeurologydeliriumWhy do I have a crawling sensation post penis surgery?

Can there be crawling sensation post penis surgery?

Can there be crawling sensation post penis surgery?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Published At December 24, 2015
Reviewed AtJuly 26, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am 32 year old bachelor. For the past one year, I have a feeling that something is crawling throughout my body. I am feeling this sensation after my penis frenulum surgery. It starts from penis glans and spreads across my whole body. Right now, I do not want any medication or treatment since I am taking ayurvedic treatment. So, kindly suggest me tests for diagnosis of my problem. Please suggest me tests that would help me find, if any infection is spreading in my body as well as face. I already consulted a neurologist, he says it is a psychological issue. I am very worried, Please help me find a solution for the same.


Welcome to icliniq.com. The feeling of insects crawling inside your body is mainly a psychological condition known as delirium. There are no tests or investigations to prove it. Rarely, it can be because of parasitic infection inside the skin, lungs, and muscles. Anti-helminthic tablets Albendazole and Mebendazole can treat it. For your relief, you can get these following investigations and check for the presence of infection. 1. Get a stool examination done. 2. Get x-ray of the chest and thigh. 3. Get an ultrasound scan of the abdomen.

Patient's Query

Thank you doctor,

I am sure it is infection caused as a result of surgery and I can feel pain in penis glans. Can I not identify it by a biopsy or blood test or nerve test?


Welcome back to icliniq.com. According to my knowledge, biopsy will not work in your case. Since you have pain in glans penis or infection as you say, I would suggest you get the below tests done and check for any infection as it would be obvious with these tests: 1. Get an ultrasound scan of the kidney and bladder. 2. Get a routine urine and culture test.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Anshul Varshney
Dr. Anshul Varshney

Internal Medicine

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

deliriumparasitic infection

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy