Q. Can there be crawling sensation post penis surgery?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 24, 2015 and last reviewed on: Mar 02, 2019

I am 32 year old bachelor. For the past one year, I have a feeling that something is crawling throughout my body. I am feeling this sensation after my penis frenulum surgery. It starts from penis glans and spreads across my whole body. Right now, I do not want any medication or treatment since I am taking ayurvedic treatment. So, kindly suggest me tests for diagnosis of my problem. Please suggest me tests that would help me find, if any infection is spreading in my body as well as face. I already consulted a neurologist, he says it is a psychological issue.I am very worried, Please help me find a solution for the same.

#

The feeling of insects crawling inside your body is mainly a psychological condition known as delirium. There are no tests or investigations to prove it. Rarely, it can be because of parasitic infection inside the skin, lungs, and muscles. Anti-helminthic tablets Albendazole and Mebendazole can treat it.

For your relief, you can get these following investigations and check for the presence of infection.

1. Get a stool examination done.
  2. Get x-ray of the chest and thigh.
  3. Get an ultrasound scan of the abdomen.

I am sure it is infection caused as a result of surgery and I can feel pain in penis glans. Can I not identify it by a biopsy or blood test or nerve test?

#

According to my knowledge, biopsy will not work in your case. Since you have pain in glans penis or infection as you say, I would suggest you get the below tests done and check for any infection as it would be obvious with these tests:

1. Get an ultrasound scan of the kidney and bladder.
  2. Get a routine urine and culture test.

|