Q. Can there be crawling sensation post penis surgery?

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 24, 2015 and last reviewed on: Mar 02, 2019

I am 32 year old bachelor. For the past one year, I have a feeling that something is crawling throughout my body. I am feeling this sensation after my penis frenulum surgery. It starts from penis glans and spreads across my whole body. Right now, I do not want any medication or treatment since I am taking ayurvedic treatment. So, kindly suggest me tests for diagnosis of my problem. Please suggest me tests that would help me find, if any infection is spreading in my body as well as face. I already consulted a neurologist, he says it is a psychological issue.I am very worried, Please help me find a solution for the same.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

The feeling of insects crawling inside your body is mainly a psychological condition known as delirium. There are no tests or investigations to prove it. Rarely, it can be because of parasitic infection inside the skin, lungs, and muscles. Anti-helminthic tablets Albendazole and Mebendazole can treat it.

For your relief, you can get these following investigations and check for the presence of infection.

1. Get a stool examination done.
  2. Get x-ray of the chest and thigh.
  3. Get an ultrasound scan of the abdomen.

| 

I am sure it is infection caused as a result of surgery and I can feel pain in penis glans. Can I not identify it by a biopsy or blood test or nerve test?

#

According to my knowledge, biopsy will not work in your case. Since you have pain in glans penis or infection as you say, I would suggest you get the below tests done and check for any infection as it would be obvious with these tests:

1. Get an ultrasound scan of the kidney and bladder.
  2. Get a routine urine and culture test.

| 

What is the permanent solution for testicular pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a mild pain in the right testis since two months. The USG report showed slight thickening of the spermatic cord. Now, after 10 days of antibiotic courses referred by the physician, then the condition is better. But when I lift some weight or drive a car, then the pain starts again...  Read Full »

Why does my baby poop frequently with gas?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 1-month-old daughter. For the past two days, she passes the poop with more gas. I am breastfeeding her (no top milk). She has developed a rash over her genital area. Can you suggest something for her gas problem and frequently pooping with gas? I think pooping frequently causes ...  Read Full »

I feel like an insect is moving on my skin. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, Other than a psychiatric condition such as delusional parasitosis, are there any known real pathogens that can produce the sensation of loads of tiny insects residing and moving upon the skin that can spread or move throughout the body and causing intense itch? If so please provide n...  Read Full »