Q. What is the treatment for recurrent worm disease in a 2-year-old?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My daughter is 2 years old and suffering from worm disease. After taking medicines, it repeatedly occurs every three months. She was already given Mebex before one month, but it does not work out. So please suggest how to completely clear worms disease. Please advise the treatment.

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Paediatrics
#

In this case of recurrent worm infestation, I would advise you to do a course of Mebex (Mebendazole) for the entire family living with the child and for the child itself once a week for 10 weeks. This will be coupled with a thorough cleaning of the house, specifically doorknobs, water taps, handles, and bedsheets.

The child should be given syrup Mebex 10 ml once a week for 10 weeks along with weight and age-appropriate dosing for other family members at the same time as the child is taking the medication.

|