Q. My tooth enamel has become increasingly worn down due to pica. Please advice.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Are dentists trained in PICA? My tooth enamel has become increasingly worn down in the last few years due to my consumption of none food items yet every dentist I've bought it up with had no idea what I was talking about. Heavy wear on teeth/soft and sensitive teeth, lots of chips and are significant smaller than when they first came through. I want some realistic advice as to where my teeth are at and procedures im likely to need in the coming years but every dentist seems to just tell me to brush my teeth more and cut out sugar even when I explicitly tell them that's not the cause.

Had PICA since birth, adult teeth have been ground down since my braces were removed 6 years ago to the point where one has cracked and it looks like the enamel is starting to wear down on others. I've had 3 fillings in the past due to cracking.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

Hello ,Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your Dentist -

I went through your query Ma'am. Am very sorry for your inconvenience and discomfort.

As a Specialist am here to help you and Capable to ease you discomfort once and for all.Am confident that there is an easy fix many other had surely missed. I assur you complete assistance.

PICA is a disorder where people compulsively eat a nonfood item with no nutritional value. Example ice(pagophagia),hair(trichophagia),metal(metallophagia),soil(geophagia) etc.Kindly let me know more specific about what you eat. Am a docotor nothing to worry about.

I do not know why you have not been helped till now , its not your fault and I will help you with everthing possible. Kindly Uplaod me an image of your teeth opening mouth wide so I will be having a clear idea about the current condition of your teeth and I will walk you through permanent management needed to ease all you discomfort . If you have any Xray with you kindly attache it too. I had a patient having same issue and is vary satisfied and happy . So I feel the same and positive about your outcome.

I hope it was helpful. I will be waiting for the images Ma'am.Kindly uplaod as soon as possible. Let me know if any further query am here to help you.

I will be waiting for yor reponse Ma'am. Let me know if any poblem . Genrally Full mouth rehabilitation (Dental crown ) mainly Porcelain fused Metal Crowns . Root Canal if needed . It's a general overview. Rest when I see the actual condition of your treeth . For now - Sensodyne Rapid relief toothpaste. - Tab Ibuprofen SoS - Tab Zincovit ( multivitamin ) 1 tab od x 15 days These crown has metal beneath the porcelain. If the porcelain wears off due to extreme food habits . Metal layes lying beneath with get the job done life long. I tried to help , rest if you are interested kindly Upload an image of your teeth , I will.let you know what's to be done . You have my complete support . Thank's Alot Ma'am. Have a Good Day.

I pray for your Good health. Thank's Alot .

PICA.

Need images of the teeth along with Xrays to have an idea about the current Dental condition so I will be specific about the tretament needed.
I will be waiting for your response.

|