Q. What is the treatment for chipped tooth that does not have any symptoms?

Dr. Mohammed Nassar

I believe I chipped my molar, but am just making sure that it is just a small chip. The molar was already calcified and has been sealed as a result of that. There is no sensitivity, pain, or any symptoms. Wondering if I would get it sealed again or just something to be cautious about. I practice good hygiene and visit the dentist every six months and have never had a cavity.

#

I checked the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The broken part seems to be a small part in the enamel layer, you do not have any pain or symptoms, so I believe this tooth is fine and it can be restored with composite filling to prevent any cavity forming over there. Also, we can use the help of periapical X-ray for that tooth just to make sure everything is alright. You can make an appointment with your dentist to make a filling for that tooth. Also, congratulations, keep on your good hygiene and regular checkups.

Periapical X-ray.

| 

Are my lips raw and swollen due to allergy from tooth fillings?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having lots of problems in my mouth and the VA clinic is struggling to help me. I am a 36 year old male and have no significant health issues besides this. I am really struggling because my lips are constantly raw, peeling, and swollen. They also burn and hurt almost always. I have...  Read Full »

The tooth is sharp and cracked. What is the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,The tooth is sharp and cracked. It is leaving a space in the mouth. What is the treatment?  Read Full »

How can I get rid of pain caused by broken tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having acute pain in gum and tooth on the left-hand side and a few days ago the left back corner tooth broke. Kindly suggest me how can I get rid of this pain and strengthen my teeth as it broke without and proper reason. Dentist advised me to take antibiotics for five days but i...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»