Q. I think I have an infection of the salivary gland, sialadenitis. Please help.

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 29, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 03, 2021

I think that I have an infection of the salivary gland or sialadenitis. I noticed it initially three years back. Then I consulted a doctor and took some medicines. After few months, it reoccured again. I visited a dentist and he gave me some medicines. I took Clindamycin 300 mg and Metronidazole 400 mg. They helped to dry the spot. I searched online regarding the spot. I have a pus discharge in my mouth. Currently, I am using the medicines mentioned above. But still, I have a pus discharge after 24 hours of using it. I feel uncomfortable. I am unable to swallow my saliva and drugs make to have a feel of dryness in my body. My pus gets reduced after brushing my teeth with fluoridated toothpaste. Kindly help.

#

Kindly upload an image showing the area of pus discharge. Stop searching online. You do not have a salivary gland infection. You have been taking medication for a long time and still, you are not getting proper treatment. Frequent pus formation can lead to bone loss or formation of antibioma. It complicates the problem and avoid taking medication. Kindly attach the image and so I can guide you further to have management.

You can have a carious tooth.

Kindly upload an image of the area where you notice pus formation.

You can have an abscessed tooth.

Kindly upload an image for having a definite diagnosis and treatment can be given accordingly.

|