Q. What is the reason for continually leaking saliva with a bubble in lower lip?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

My age is 20 years and weight is around 40 kg. I have a problem in my mouth for the past 3 to 4 years. In my mouth, there is continually leaking saliva. Below my tongue, I see a lot of wanes and some skin parts taken out like a shark fin. Now I can see my roots of teeth. Skin that is inside my mouth feels a little bit bloated and teeth shape was like printed on it. On the lower lip, I can feel some bubble inside the lip.

#

I have seen your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have malfunctioning of the salivary gland that is causing blisters at the lower side of your tongue and most probably on the lip as well. Put an oral gel Chlorhexidine gluconate with or without Metronidazole on the lower lip ulcer. This may help in healing temporarily.

Visit an oral and maxillofacial surgeon in your area. Then he will do some tests and radiographs and will treat this disease accordingly. This is not the case to be treated by a general dentist. That is why visiting oral and maxillofacial surgeon is recommended. Take care. Stay happy and blessed. Give me the followup after visiting the surgeon.

|