Q. I have a plum-sized swelling on my face. How do I make it go down?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I have an abscess on the right side of my face that has swollen up as big as a plum. The reason for the abscess, I guess, is because I have two missing teeth on the side of my mouth. But since there are no teeth there, I want to know what can be done about this abscess? How do I get rid of it? How do I get the swelling to go down? Can you give me any suggestions?

#

• The abscess is not because of the missing teeth. It can be either because of an infection of the root stem or a cystic swelling related to the salivary gland.
  • If it is only some days old, it can be an infectious swelling and be treated with antibiotics like Augmentin 625 twice a day for five days.
  • You must visit a dentist to get it evaluated properly. Sometimes, hard swellings are dangerous too. 

Hope my answer will help you.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|