Q. I am pregnant and I have severe tooth pain. What can be done?

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam
Published on Aug 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2019

I am five months pregnant and I am having severe pain in my teeth since morning. I have taken Dolo 650 but the pain is the same.

#

Even though you are pregnant, it is completely safe to do any dental treatment in this trimester (four to six months). It is also safe to take X-rays in this trimester. Dolo 650 is basically a Paracetamol tablet which is a very mild painkiller. It can only relieve pain for less than four hours and cannot completely cure a toothache. And, other high dose painkillers and antibiotics are not advisable for you now. So, I advise you to visit a dentist immediately and get it sorted. Active dental treatment will only help in this situation.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Please suggest safe painkillers for toothache.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pain inside my mouth. At the top of my mouth, it is like a bubble and so painful. The nerves are making me having a toothache on the right side of my mouth. I have had this for three days now and took a few painkillers. Now, my stomach hurts like bloating and twitching....  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got gastritis due to painkillers. Avoid spicy, fatty and oily food. Have some walk after having food instead of taking rest and take multiple small meals instead of heavy meals. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any. You can get prescribed tablet Pan DSR 40 mg (Domp...  Read Full

I am pregnant and have an impacted wisdom tooth. Is it safe to go for an extraction?

Query: Hi doctor,I have an impacted wisdom tooth, which is horizontal and I just saw that it had been severely decayed. I have been reading about it lately. Is it safe to go for an extraction?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, your impacted wisdom tooth has to be checked with an x-ray at a dental hospital. This helps to figure out in what angulation is the tooth impacted. You are already aware that it is horizontally impacted. You have also mentioned that the tooth is badly decaye...  Read Full

Loose Tooth: Causes, Prevention, and Treatment

Article Overview: A loose tooth is a common complaint in the middle-aged and elderly population. The most important cause of this being periodontitis. This article emphasizes the causes, prevention, and treatment of loose tooth. Read Article

It is quite disturbing to have a loose tooth in your mouth which almost always hinders with your normal food habits and sometimes causes pain. The common cause for a loose tooth is periodontitis (infection of the supporting structures of the teeth), which arises from poor oral hygiene. A loose tooth...  Read Article