Dolo 650

My persistent forehead headache is hindering my studies. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a headache in the forehead right from waking up until I go to sleep, and sometimes it is very painful. And I had noticed that I could not remember my studies for the last three months.  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you getting enough sleep? How many hours do you sleep usually? Is there any tension like situation. Do you think a lot about something? Have you ever done eye test? Sometimes due vision also such problems occur. Please answer me. I will prescribe medicine accord...  Read Full »

What can be done for severe tooth pain during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I am five months pregnant and I am having severe pain in my teeth since morning. I have taken Dolo 650 but the pain is the same.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Even though you are pregnant, it is completely safe to do any dental treatment in this trimester (four to six months). It is also safe to take X-rays in this trimester. Dolo 650 is basically a Paracetamol tablet which is a very mild painkiller. It can only relieve pain ...  Read Full »

My sister got dengue fever for the second time. Is she in danger?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister has been suffering from dengue for the past four days. She has got this fever for the second time now. The first time being eight years ago. Her platelet count today is 2.6 lakhs, PCV is 34 and WBC TC is 1900. She is being given saline along with Sumol, Ondem, Levazeo and Milk o...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. Dengue is a common viral illness. The difference is there will be profound dehydration, so keep her well hydrated. Let the saline be there and if she does not have vomitings, then give her fruit juices, ORS packets (oral reh...  Read Full »

medicines to prevent vomiting

Query: Hello doctor, My 24-year-old wife is having a fever of 103.4 F. She is puking every time when she is about to eat something. Her joints are aching. She is feeling dizziness and she has vomited also. It has been about 30 hours. She has taken Paracetamol but nothing happened. She is not getting better...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. The predominant complaints are fever and vomiting. However, you have not mentioned whether she has any cause for fever like a sore throat, cough, dysuria, abdominal pain or urine problems. Anyway, the first thing is to stop vomiting so that...  Read Full »

Reason for forehead rashes during headache

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from headache for the last 20 years. Initially, I used to take Saridon tablets to get relief from headache and it has given results for some time. After a few years, one of the doctors advised me to do pranayama (breathing exercise) and it has given good results. My frequ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that the rash over the forehead is a part of migraine headache and disappears within 72 hours. In other words, a typical migraine track never goes beyond 72 hours and the same is applic...  Read Full »

Medicine and diet plan for high bilirubin levels

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34-year-old male. I am suffering from jaundice. Last week my eyes have turned slightly yellowish and after that, I had my blood test and hepatitis test. Tests show positive, bilirubin levels are 10 mg/dl. Can you suggest me medicine and diet plan?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have possibly hepatitis which needs to be checked for the type of hepatitis. So viral serology needs to be done. Regarding diet, you have to take vegetables, fresh fruits, and avoid oily and fatty stuff. Most of the hepatitis is self-rem...  Read Full »

Throat pain while swallowing and fever

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has been having throat pain while swallowing and fever since last evening. She has been advised Clavam 625 twice for five days. Her fever has not gone below 100 and after about four hours of taking Dolo 650, it goes up to 102.5. So far, she has taken three doses of Clavam. Is...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it is certainly possible to have such a fever and it is likely she has an upper respiratory tract infection. I think whatever she is receiving is fine. Antibiotics will take at least 48 hours to act and initially, the infection is viral. So, antibiotics may not...  Read Full »

External Hemorrhoid Relief

Query: Hi doctor, I am a software engineer. I got an external hemorrhoid for the past two days. There is no bleeding, but it is painful. Also, there is no constipation as such. Seven months back, it used to happen frequently and it used to go away on its own in a few days. I was exercising earlier and now ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Patodiya

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can apply Anovate cream (Beclomethasone, Phenylephrine and Lignocaine) for three to five times a day. Remember, all the local acting cream has duration of action of four to six hours and need to be applied again. If pain is severe, then try oral medication like Do...  Read Full »

What could a fever of two days duration and rigors be due to?

Query: Hello doctor, A 58 year old man had a high fever with rigors yesterday. He has given blood for testing. After the completion of the blood test, he had a febrile illness. Can you suggest medications and do's and don'ts?  Read Full »

Dr. Murali R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fever of two days duration with rigors may be non-specific, viral, malaria or a urinary tract infection. Look for rashes on the body because viral fevers are prevalent now. Take Dolo 650 (Paracetamol) as when the fever comes, up to a maximum of four times a day. And...  Read Full »

Paracetamol for Fever

Query: Hello doctor, Is fever an immune response of the body to act as defense mechanism against infection, why is Paracetamol prescribed to reduce temperature?What will be happen, if not used?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Very much impressed by your query. Yes as you said, fever is an immune response of the body to act as defense mechanism against infection. Most of the time Paracetamol is not needed if body temperature is not crossing >102 degree F. But any temperature >102 degree...  Read Full »