Q. How can someone with a small teeth improve their esthetics?

Dr. Sagnik Biswas
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 02, 2022 and last reviewed on: Feb 13, 2023

I have tiny teeth, so when I was younger, my dentist put resin to fill in the gaps between my teeth. All is well, except the resin cannot be whitened. As I would like to get pearly white teeth, I was wondering whether my best option would be to go straight for veneers or if it would be better to scrape off the current resin, whiten the teeth typically, and then reapply a whiter resin.

#

I can understand your condition and would love to help you.

Both treatment methods will provide excellent results, but it depends on what you prefer the most. For example, if you can resist complex substances or can refrain from using your teeth for notable works such as bottle opening, etc., then it would be better to have veneers. It would surely bring what you want, but your lifestyle has to be moderated. The reason behind this is that the veneers are prone to fracture and expensive to restore. On the other hand, the resin may chip off, but you can repair it whenever you want. So now you have to make a choice. I want to put forward another suggestion here if you want a veneer, then consult an excellent prosthodontist and ask him for the probabilities of smile designing as well.

Thank you and have a nice day.

|