Q. My tooth is sensitive after a filling. Why?

Dr. Asma Parveen

I am a 33 year old female. I got my cavity filled two days back. Now, it hurts when I drink cold stuff. Is there anything I can do?

#

• There are a few things I would like to ask:
  1. Did you have a sensitivity to cold even before getting your tooth filled?
  2. What kind of filling have you got? Is it a silver filling or a tooth-colored filling?
  • Sometimes, patients do experience this type of sensitivity after a filling. It is called postoperative sensitivity.
  • For the time being, you can start using a toothpaste that contains Potassium nitrate. For example, Crest for sensitive tooth or RA thermoseal. Just apply it over the affected tooth, leave it on for five minutes and then brush your teeth normally with the same toothpaste. Use it twice a day for ten days. If it is helpful, continue it for a month.

In case there is no relief, you need to visit your dentist again to get an X-ray of the tooth done or maybe get a refilling with a different filling material. Hope it helps you. Regards.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|