Q. How to overcome the feeling of hopelessness?

Dr. K V Anand

I am a 55-year-old man. I have been suffering from depression for the last five months. I have been feeling tired and hopeless. I want your help for recovery. I am currently on Fluvoxin 50 mg BD.

Dr. K V Anand

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

I understand your concern. Depressive disorder or depression is a neurochemical disorder.

A suicidal tendency is one main symptom of depression.

You should be able to distinguish between mental disease and mental disorder. Your problem is a mental disorder and not a mental disease.

These mental disorders are usually treated with a combination of medicines and other modalities like awareness, meditation, psychotherapy techniques, lifestyle changes, etc.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|