Q. I always feel like third person is ordering me. Kindly advise.

Published on Jun 14, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 15, 2019

I am suffering from depression. It has been four years. I am always demotivated. I was average student but then I became a failure. I cannot concentrate on studies. I feel like god is talking to me and orders me certain things which I must do. I always feel like third person is ordering me and I get tired answering them. I feel like I have become a small child of second grade.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

The symptoms like someone is talking to you, talking to God or hearing voices which others cannot hear could be occurring due to some psychotic issue. Such kind of symptoms are not generally seen in depression. Since such symptoms have resulted in loss of performance in studies, poor concentration in studies, so please visit a psychiatrist for help and evaluation.

Drugs like Amisulpride, Olanzapine, Quetiapine, etc., can help you in coming out of depression and psychosis.

| 

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every co...  Read Article

Can infection be contracted from unsterilized makeup brushes?

Query: Hi doctor,I want a professional and honest answer. I suffer from anxiety and OCD. Yesterday, I was dealing with patients post them having cosmetic injectables. There was pinpoint blood from the needle insertion points. I am thinking the worst case scenario and not saying this happened, but my mind i...  Read Full »

I am diagnosed of psychosis NOS. Is there a possibility of withdrawal psychosis when antipsychotics are discontinued?

Query: Hi, I am diagnosed of Psychosis (NOS). The first episode was in 2010 and it lasted for three-four months before I was taken to a psychiatrist. I had been thinking that people are tracking me through email, internet. My mobile phone is tapped and all that. I did not get any auditory or visual halluci...  Read Full »